Pricing and Availability
- Dolphin Swim Adventure / Odyssey Participant (52″/132cm tall+)
- [highlight color=”yellow”]$210*[/highlight]
- Adult Observer (10 years +)
- Child Observer (3 – 9 years old)
- Baby Observer (0-2 years old)
- *Plus 7% sales tax
More details below
CLICK THE GET STARTED NOW BUTTON TO BOOK YOUR SWIM!
Terms and Conditions
You can come face-to-face with an Atlantic Bottlenose dolphin. You will learn about these underwater mammals in an interactive class that teaches you the basics about dolphins and what is going to happen during your dolphin program. You can submerse yourself in the water as you interact with the Dolphins as you get to Hug, Kiss, Rub, Pet, and get up-close to the dolphins in this heart-warming program. Partake in an opportunity to be whisked away by a dolphin as it carries you across the pool and get to swim with the dolphins in deep water. After your dolphin adventure, spend the rest of the day exploring the many exhibits and presentations offered at the Miami dolphin facility.
- A 15-30 minute educational classroom presentation prior to entering the water.
- A 30 minute deep water experience including touching, playing and training with a dolphin. You’ll also swim into deeper water for more interactions and even have the chance to get a dolphin ride across the pool.
- Professional photo opportunities with a dolphin.
- A wetsuit and towel are provided for use during the session. Guests should bring their own bathing suits.
- Lockers, Showers, and Changing rooms available.
- Each Dolphin Swim/Odyssey session is unique, based upon the guests and dolphins.
- Complimentary admission to all the shows and exhibits for the day
- All participants must be 52” (4’4 or132cm) tall
- Must be able to understand directions given in English or have a paid family member or friend in the water to translate.
- 14 participants maximum per session. (broken into two smaller groups per platform)
- Open 365 Days a Year
- < More Photos >
The time slots available includes a guaranteed 30 minute dolphin program, educational briefing, dolphin shows, sea lion show, & marine park tours. Total time of activities is about 3 – 4 hours.
- 10am – Morning Session
- 1pm – Afternoon Session
The Dolphin Facility is on Key Biscayne, which is a set of Islands that extend from Downtown Miami. You will get complete written directions with your ticket. < Map >
Driving Times: These times are approximate from the location listed below to Key Biscayne, depending on traffic and weather conditions
- Miami Beach & South Beach – 20 / 30 minutes
- Miami Cruise Ship Port – 20 minutes
- Miami Airport – 20 minutes
- Fort Lauderdale Area – 40 minutes / 1 hour
- Boca Raton – 1 hour
- West Palm Beach – 1 1/2 / 2 hours
- Naples/Marco Island – 2 hours
- Fort Myers Beach – 2 1/2 hours
Save Money and make your reservation online. In order to get any of these discounts, you must type the Online Discount Promotional Code in the discount box of the reservation form (Page4/4). After picking the amount of participants/observers, date of travel, and time of program, you will be taken to the reservation form to start your dolphin adventure. When you get to page 4/4, this is where the promotional code needs to be written in the comment box. Without this written code, you will not get the promotional discount. The discount provided is only for the participants, NOT observers (Except the Group Discount). These online promotions can not be combined with any previous orders or discounts. These discounts are for online orders only and the discounts will NOT be offered or honored over the phone with a Dolphin World representative or during the High Season or with any additional Transportation service.
Dolphin World Online Promotions:
- NO DISCOUNTS DURING HIGH SEASON!! December 19, 2017 – January 8, 2018 & April 2018
- Make your reservation more than 8 days or more in advance get 2.5% off each person. CODE: miamibookingspecial
- Group of 10 or more that make their reservation 8 days or more in advance get 5% OFF per participant and per observer. CODE: online5%off
Upon arrival, please proceed to check-in window, present your dolphin program confirmation number or your last name, which you will receive after making your reservation.
- Confirmation number is a must for entrance.
- You do not need to have a printed voucher.
- All customers/participants are required to sign liability waivers before participating in this activity.
Dolphin Swim / Odyssey Restrictions:
- Minimum height requirement is 52. No exceptions. (52 = 4’4 = 132cm)
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, either as a participant or an observer.
- This program is not available to expectant mothers.
- All Participants that are going in the water must be able to understand directions given in English or provide a translator who will be in the water with them.
- You can not enter the water with any jewelry, hair beads, sunglasses or body piercing. (nose, tongue, or any areas of the body)
- Food is not included
Refunds / Cancellations and Changes:
All cancellations must be received by Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours, Inc. in writing by email or regular mail.
- A 10% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations prior 31 days of activity date.
- A 50% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 30 – 15 day period prior activity date.
- A 75% service charge will apply per person for any cancellations within 14 – 8 day period prior activity date.
- Prior 8 days of your reservation date, you may change your reservation to a gift certificate, where you would not incur any penalties except the change fee. This gift certificate will be good for 1 year from the date of the certificate.
- NO REFUND OR CHANGES WILL BE GIVEN TO ANY ACTIVITY PARTICIPANTS who tries to cancel or change within the 7 day period, does not show up, are late for scheduled program(s). Once a reservation has a confirmation number and confirmed, a refund or change can only be made more than 7 days of the activity date and any change to the program date is subject to availability. Changes made to existing reservations are subject to a $25.00 per person change fee.
- The Dolphin Swim goes on Rain or Shine.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PURCHASE OF TRIP INSURANCE, which will cover your purchase 100% for any interruptions to your Dolphin World activities! We recommend TravelEx Insurance. Ask a Dolphin World Travel professional for advice on Travel Insurance.Get started now >>
Does your program go on Rain or Shine? Yes, this program goes on Rain or Shine. The dolphin swim and shows, will go on most of the time. If there is thunder, there might be a delay before the program resumes again.
Do you have any wheelchairs or strollers available for the public? Yes, there are wheelchairs and strollers available for rent from the Guest Services area at the entrance of the park on a first come, first serve basis.
Can someone whom is wheelchair-bound participate?
This circumstance will be handled on a case-by-case basis. The following questions will need to be addressed and may require prior management approval:
- Can the individual stand on the in-water platform without the use of canes or braces?
- Can the individual tread water/swim? If the individual cannot freely stand on the platform and must tread water to stay in place, an assistant will need to be in the water to help the individual stay on the platform. The assistant, he/she must pay the full regular price.
- Is the individual capable of lifting his/her full weight out of the water? The facility does not have a ramp or crane available for assistance. In addition, no staff member will be permitted to or is capable of lifting anyone out of the water.
Can handicapped individuals participate?
While this dolphin program does accept handicapped individuals, this program is not a Dolphin Therapy session. This program is primarily recreational. Those interested in a therapy program should consider other locations in the Florida Keys. Although accommodations for handicapped individuals can be arranged, they will not receive special treatments such as extended time or more interactions. If a handicapped individual is to participate, this circumstance will be handled on a case-by-case basis. The following questions will need to be addressed and may require prior management approval:
- Does the individual meet the height requirement?
- To what degree is the individual disabled?
- Does the individual have full control of his/her body without required assistance?
- Can the individual follow directions and understand English?
Can someone who is blind participate?
Yes, this individual must be accompanied in the water by a paid assistant. The assistant, he/she must pay the full regular price.
Are glasses/contacts permitted in the water?
Contact lenses can be worn. Prescription glasses with clear lenses will be permitted only if they are needed but they cannot be removed at anytime (including for pictures) during the session. We will provide a strap for glasses, which must be worn in order to keep them on securely. Glasses with dark lenses are not permitted unless the individual is sensitive to sunlight, in which case a doctor’s letter will need to be necessary.
Must I know how to swim to participate?
No. Swimming is not required. You will be standing on a platform during the session and the ride during the Dolphin session are optional. Please keep in mind that if you are not comfortable in water, it may not be an enjoyable experience. If you are not comfortable in the water we recommend you participate in our Dolphin Encounter (non-swim) program.
What does it mean to be an Observer?
An Observer is a Participant’s friend or family member. Observers participate in all aspects of the program minus the in-water interaction. During the interaction you can cheer on the Participants and take photos. The Observers stay in the stands and have no contact with the dolphins. The fee includes complimentary admission to the park, so you can see the rest of the shows and exhibits, as well. Observers under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
What should I bring?
You’ll need something to wear under the wetsuit. A bathing suit is most convenient. You can rely on us to provide the following: Showers, keyed lockers, wetsuits and booties. All jewelry must be removed prior to entering the water. No cameras or loose items will be permitted in the water (no exceptions).
What about taking photographs with the Dolphins during my session?
Yes, there are professional staff photographers taking photographs (no video, only stills) of you and your dolphin session. You can purchase these photographs after your session. Prices ranges from $45 and up, depending on how many photographs you purchase. You can not take a camera into the water with you during your dolphin session. If you do have a family or a friend come with you as an observer, they can take photographs of you during your session. Hint: If you don’t have an observer in your group, you might ask another observer from another group to take a few photographs with your camera.
What kind of pools do the animals live in at the Dolphin facility? The animals live in natural salt-water pools. The water is pumped in from Key Biscayne Bay.
Do we have to pay extra entrance and parking fees ? Yes, $10 per car for all day parking. Cars are monitored by a security patrol.
At Dolphin World / Keys Adventure Tours we do offer other activities options while in South Florida. Please contact your Dolphin World specialist to see if any are good for you.
- DOLPHIN SWIM PICK UP SERVICE – Picked up from any hotel or residence from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Naples. [ Learn More ]
- DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER PICK UP SERVICE – Non Swim program, great for the young and those not so comfortable in deep water. [ Learn More ]
- DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER / NON SWIM – A 30 minute shallow water experience including touching, playing and training with a dolphin. [ Learn More ]
- SEAL SWIM – A 20 minute shallow and deep water experience including touching, playing and training with the Seals. [ Learn More ]
- UNDERWATER SNUBA SEA TREK – A 20 minute journey, you’ll encounter tropical fish, sting rays and a variety of unique sea creatures. [ Learn More ]